Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tongue clipped ;-(

Today I had to play the role of mean mommy. Jaxton had an appointment to see the autorhinolaringologist (ears nose and throat doc) for him to get his tongue clipped. I was so nervous going there today I almost couldnt do it by myself. I was afraid something would go wrong or he might be in alot of pain and the thought of that made me teary eyed. You see jaxton has a normal sized tongue but the little flap of skin that grows under the tongue had grown too far forward so me and travis were worried he would have trouble speaking right or doing normal things like licking an ice cream cone one day. When he would try to stick his tongue out it would get caught on his teeth and he would have a snake like tongue and couldnt stick it out very far. So sadly (with ALOT of convincing from travis) we decided it was with the best interest for him. Oddly enough when it came time to actually do it he didnt even squirm or cry it was over in 10 seconds, he just jumped and looked at me like what the heck just happened for a second then went on with playing with the toy we gave him as a distraction. Of course they made me hold him down which horrified me, I couldnt bare to be that close so I shut my eyes cuz I definitely couldnt stand to see the procedure done. Im just glad all in all it turned out good and he is ok now. We went and got ice cream afterwards for him being such a champ for me. Thank you jaxton for being so strong and helping mommy not freak out. If he would have cried it would have been mount rushmore in there for me im such a baby lol.

2 comments:

gabrini said...

Hey there Monique how is it going, and man i read that it,that's awesome that he is such a champ, well good job and you are a very good mommy, keep it up i will see you soon. love you lots.

The Whitney's said...

Wow, that's crazy. Don't kids just amaze you when you think they're going to be suck big babies, and they stay calm through something you as an adult would just cry and cry at? lol

That's awesome.

Hope you're well. Love you,
~L